Apple Watch is possibly the best smartwatch on the market. It is the best combination of style and features. It is a high-performance smartwatch that is capable of doing more than just showing you the time or receiving notifications.
But sadly, Apple Watch is only meant for iPhone users. If you are an android user, you will have to look for the best alternatives to Apple Watch. But what if we tell you that you can use an Apple Watch with your android phone? This method is only for people who are willing to fiddle with their hardware. To know more, you should read this Apple Watch android guide till the end.
Steps To Connect Apple Watch With Android Phone
Before you start with the steps make sure that your Apple Watch is configured properly with your current iPhone. That’s because you will need an iPhone to connect your Apple Watch with your carrier’s LTE network.
Once you have your Apple Watch ready, follow the steps given below:
- The first thing you do is switch off your Apple Watch, iPhone, and android phone.
- Now remove the SIM card from your iPhone.
- After taking out the SIM card, put it in your android phone. If you already have a SIM card in your android phone, replace it.
- Now switch on your android phone and let it connect to the LTE network.
- Once that is done, switch on your Apple Watch.
- You will notice that your android phone is connected to the carrier as well as your Apple Watch.
- Now you can receive calls and other notifications on your Apple Watch despite having an android phone.
Take a look at this video tutorial if you need any more help: How to Pair Apple Watch to Android
The method is simple and easy. All you have to do is make sure that you follow all the steps correctly.
Is it possible to pair an Apple Watch with an android phone?
Well, you cannot pair an Apple Watch with your android smartphone. Even if you try to connect both the devices over Bluetooth, it will fail.
However, you can make this work if you run both the devices in semi-tandem. Apple Watches has an additional way to communicate: LTE connectivity. It utilises your carrier’s network to ensure that you don’t disconnect if you forget to carry your iPhone.
You can take advantage of this feature to pair your Apple Watch with your android phone.
To get the best Apple Watch experience, you should use it with an iPhone. But if you are desperate to connect it to your android smartphone, then you should follow this method.